Expression of the protein mitochondrial pyruvate carrier 2 (MCC2) has been found downregulated in ME (2)
The gene similar to pyruvate kinase-isozymes M1/M2 (PKM2) has been found epigenetic changed (hypermethylated) in ME (3).
Immunoreactive proteins against IgGs from POTS patients (4, 5):
- ODPB, pyruvate dehydrogenase E1 component subunit beta.
- KPYM, pyruvate kinase isoenzyme M1.
- PDHX, pyruvate dehydrogenase protein X component.
- PKM2, pyruvate kinase isozymes M1/M2
- Fluge et al: Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy / chronic fatigue syndrome. JCI Insight. 2016; 1(21):e89376. Doi 10.1172/jci.insight.89276
- Ciregia et al.
Translational Psychiatry (2016), 6, e904
- Vega et al. DNA methylation Modifications associated with CFS. Plos One, aug 2014, vol 9, Issue 8, e104757
- Wang et al: Autoimmunoreactive IgGs from patients with POTS. Prot. Clin. Appl. 2012, 6, 1-11.
- Wang et al: Autoimmunoreactive IgGs against cardiac lipid raft-associated proteins in patients with POTS. doi: 10.1016/j.trsl.2013.03.002